Belgrade, MT

MISSION STATEMENT The Headwaters Chapter of the Gold Prospectors Association of America (GPAA) is a Not-For-Profit Organization to introduce Individuals to Prospecting and Mining of Precious Minerals.
Headwaters Chapter GPAA, PO Box 11 Manhattan, Montana 59741; TELEPHONE (406) 600-3812
MEETING TIME AND PLACE 7 pm, 2nd Wednesday of every month at the Mint Bar, 27 East Main, Belgrade, MT
come early if you want to visit and eat good food. The Mint will be offering their Bar menu to us in the dinning room.    

ACTION ALERT: Comment on Butte Highlands Gold Mining Project. You're needed!

ARRA Action Needed

Stop Locking up Public Lands with Presidential Proclamations
EPA regulating mud puddles Weigh in!
Laws regarding your mining rights on national forest land.
Join GPAA through Headwaters Chapter and get your membership kit right away. Call Steve at 406-580-3679 or Earl at 406-600-3812
Department of Interior wants mining reform.... ICMJ

Dear Interested Public,

We are pleased to announce that both of our upcoming listening sessions for Planning 2.0 will have a livestream option available for remote participants.  Both meetings can be accessed at www.blm.gov/live/ and will provide an overview of the Planning 2.0 initiative as well as a group discussion on methods to improve the BLM’s planning process.

The Denver meeting will convene October 1, 2014, 1pm to 5pm, MDT, at the Denver Marriott West, 1717 Denver West Boulevard, Golden, CO 80401.  

The Sacramento meeting will take place October 7, 2014, 1pm to 5pm, PDT, at the Double Tree by Hilton Sacramento, 2001 Point West Way, Sacramento, CA 95815.

Individuals interested in preregistration for the listening sessions or subscription to the Planning 2.0 email contact list can contact the agency through the project’s website at www.blm.gov/plan2.  Pre-registration is optional and is intended to help us plan for meeting setup.
Thank you for your time and input into the Planning 2.0 effort.
Joe Stout
Division Chief
Decision Support, Planning & NEPA
Bureau of Land Management
Washington DC

Support HR 1526 (CBU Newsletter)
Dear Mining Claimant:
If you drive a car, truck, all-terrain vehicle, or motorcycle on lands administered by the BLM or the Forest Service in Montana or parts of North and South Dakota, you can no longer drive cross-country without authorization; you must stay on existing roads and trails.
This new direction is outlined in the 2003 final environmental impact statement (EIS) which addresses off-highway vehicle (OHV) area designation on lands managed by the two agencies. The EIS is available online at www.blm.gov/mt.
Mining claimants are entitled to reasonable access and use of the surface to stake claims, perform assessment work, and conduct mechanized exploration and development under the appropriate mineral development regulations. Mineral activities that are generally considered to create minimal impact to the ground such as claim staking or geologic mapping, are now subject to the following OHV requirements.
On BLM lands, typically no notification or approval is required for casual use (minimal impact) operations. However, any person operating a motorized wheeled vehicle on those areas designated as limited or restricted, must conform to all terms and conditions of the applicable designation orders. Use of motorized wheeled vehicles to travel cross-country for casual use operations in areas limited or restricted requires permission by the authorized officer.
On National Forest and grasslands, no notification or approval by the Forest Service is required for operations which will be limited to the use of vehicles on existing public roads or roads used and maintained for National Forest/grassland purposes and that are open to the public. However, any mining claimant proposing to use a motorized wheeled vehicle in areas designated as limited or restricted must file a notice of intent or plan of operations and receive approval from the authorized officer prior to proceeding.
If you have any questions or comments, contact your local BLM or Forest Service office.

Club By-Laws

Most Recent Quotes from www.kitco.com   

Find more about Weather in Belgrade, MT
Click for weather forecast
This site last updated February 22, 2015
View My Stats